Thanks for making Mt. Shasta’s annual Earth Day celebration Saturday, April 25 at City Park, a free and fun event for all!
The fun started Friday night with our pre-party, a special Maria Muldaur VIP benefit concert at the Mt. Shasta Resort. Then starting at 11 am and running into the evening, we had lots of educational and entertaining activities for everyone. Here’s the full schedule:
11 AM Native American Drum Opening Ceremony (outside Upper Lodge)
11 AM – 5 PM Eco Expo – earth-friendly vendors and info booths from local organizations (Upper Lodge)
- 1 PM Informational talk from members of WATER and the Gateway Neighborhood Association discussing the Mt. Shasta Big Springs Area Groundwater Elevation Study and its relationship to the need for an Environmental Impact Report before Crystal Geyser’s opening (Dance Hall)
- 2 PM Water Blessing Ceremony hosted by Sally Cooper and Michelle Berditschevsky (near Headwaters).
- 3 PM MSBEC presentation: Launch of MSBEC’s climate adaptation project, Renew Siskiyou – a roadmap to resilience, and update on the campaign to save Medicine Lake (Dance Hall)
- 4 PM Educational plant walk with local plant guru Robert Menzies
- 5-7 PM Documentary Screening: Symphony of the Soil (Dance Hall)
6-11 PM Earth Day After Party – Live music so good the power went out! Thanks Paula, Ananta and Ryan!