Mount Shasta – Water and the Environment Around the Mountain
Video is now online from the Water Forum held at the Mount Shasta Public Library on June 18, 2019.
Presentations about water resources and environmental issues facing our mountain ecosystem.
- Bruce Hillman, Geneva Omann and Raven Stevens from We Advocate Thorough Environmental Review (W.A.T.E.R.) on what is happening with the challenge to the Crystal Geyser project EIR.
- Mark Miyoshi and Luisa Navejas from the Winnemem Wintu tribe talk about how using AB52 in the Crystal Geyser lawsuits and the Shasta Dam raise can protect the sacredness of water at the source, downstream and beyond.
- Diane Lowe gives an update from the McCloud Springs Alliance on the plans for a water bottling plant in McCloud and the community response.
- Weed city council member Bob Hall reports on the situation with the Roseburg water grab of the City of Weed’s water source for Water for Citizens of Weed, CA.
- Michelle Berditschevsky of the Mount Shasta Bioregional Ecology Center explains the situation with the Medicine Lake Geothermal project and lawsuit.
Presentations were followed by a discussion of what steps we as a community can do next.