Since 1988, we have played a pivotal role to preserve, protect and restore the Mount Shasta bioregion, including not only natural interconnected systems, but also cultural layers that constitute the human relationship to the land.
Our work involves science and fact-based public policy advocacy, community education, legal challenges (when needed), restoration and renewal. It includes watershed, forest, wildlife and landscape monitoring and stewardship. We build partnerships and alliances, and engage the local community to promote sustainable environmental, economic and cultural resiliency.
We seek a professional Administrative Assistant with a passion for our mission, to work as an employee approximately 3 days per week, 3 hours per day (36 hours/month; possibly additional hours during peak periods), mostly during the week with occasional evenings and weekends. This pays $15/hour DOE, with an annual performance review and potential pay adjustment.
The Administrative Assistant manages office operations for our organization and performs varied tasks to support our board, staff and volunteers under the supervision of designated board liaisons. Excellent responsiveness and service to donors, funders, supporters, community members and others is most important. Duties include:
- Phone calls/emails – responding quickly to inquiries, and routing them to the appropriate person for action
- Facilities – keeping the office organized and in good order
- Mail – receiving and routing mail to the appropriate person for action
- Project and grant coordination – tracking tasks and deliverables to ensure accountability
- Fiscal sponsorship – serving as the champion for our sponsored programs
- Management support – meeting preparation, posting minutes/agendas, etc.
- Volunteer coordination – serving as the champion for the volunteer program, working closely with other staff to recruit and manage volunteers
- Donor and supporter database – assisting in implementation of our new Salesforce database; ensuring data integrity, including timely, accurate and efficient updates and synchronization with Patreon, Quickbooks Online, Mailchimp, and other systems as needed; working with the Development and Communications Director, ensure required delivery of donor and supporter benefits and recognition
The ideal candidate is aligned with our environmental mission, reliable, well organized and flexible, with experience in office operations. Experience with office systems and software is required, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Apple Mail, and Google Docs.
Additional expertise with systems such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Facebook and other social media, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, etc. is desirable. Professionalism, great teamwork, integrity and communications skills are also important.
Employment is mutually at-will, though we prefer candidates able to make at least a one year commitment.
Interested persons may apply by sending a resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com. We will begin reviewing applications starting on August 22, 2018.