We stay informed and communicate regularly about ongoing and emerging issues, to successfully advocate for policies that support our mission. It’s important to have a strong, science-oriented, independent environmental organization, ready to do unbiased independent analysis, and “call it like we see it”.
We maintain professional, strong, high integrity and intentional two-way communication with elected officials and government agencies as we seek to enact policies that support our mission. These include:
- Federal: the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, EPA, US Congress, Senate and Administration
- State: of Water Resources, California Assembly, Senate and Administration
- County: Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors, commissions and departments
- Cities: south county (Weed, Mt. Shasta, Dunsmuir) city councils and staff
- Service Agencies: McCloud Service District and other south county special districts
- Intergovernmental Groups: RWAG and others
Volunteers are needed to attend public and private meetings, and review agendas and records of decision making. We also participate in collaborative projects that support desired policies.